Sales and Customer Service Center Representative
- - Cust Service & Sales Ctr
- Knoxville, TN, USA
- Full Time
TITLE: Sales and Customer Service Center Representative
DEPARTMENT: Sales and Customer Service Center
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Sales and Customer Service Center Representatives respond to customer inquiries via telephone. In addition, supports internal associates by serving as the primary central contact for all internal inquires, questions, issues and problems concerning deposit and loan policies, branch operational procedures , branch equipment, marketing promotions, and computer issues and route calls as needed. Cross sale SEB products and services during contact with customers as well as outbound calling campaigns.
- Serve as the primary central sales and customer service contact for SouthEast Bank's telephone banking products (Contact Center 800 line and Direct access 800 line) and internet banking product. Respond to Customer Contact emails in a professional and timely manner.
- Respond to and resolve complex customer issues involving customer deposit inquires, loan inquiries and transaction requests.
- Maintain current knowledge on all SouthEast Bank products and services, including feature, rates, special promotions, etc. When necessary refer customers and prospects to the appropriate bank associate/branch/department
- Provide exceptional customer service by offering immediate problem resolutions while minimizing customer transfers and hold time
- Will prepare and process telephone request for withdrawals, transfers, duplicate statements, stop payments, service charge refunds, change of address, deposit research and other appropriate transactions requests.
- Possess and maintain extensive knowledge of branch operating procedures and policies. Keeping abreast of changes in these procedures/policies and effectively implement and support these procedures/policies
- Uses initiatives to recognize early indicators of potentially cascading problems and propose and/or implement solutions before customers and bank
- Facilitate resolutions for problems/issues identified by customers and bank associates
- Debit card and electronic banking maintenance
- Complete and pass required BVS courses by due date
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING:
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Enjoy public contact
- Able to work well under pressure
- Proficient computer skills
- Detail orientated
- Knowledge of bank regulations
- Mathematical aptitude
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Problem solving skills
- Light typing and computer input
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Sitting for long periods of time; standing and walking periodically.
- Lift 10-20lbs periodically.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma
- One (1) year customer service experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge and understanding of branch banking and operations software applications (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Excellent organizational skills, attention–to-detail and ability to effectively prioritize and follow-up in a timely manner required
- Willingness to work non-traditional shifts which meets the need of Contact Center team.
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Be able to type (keyboard)