Market Valuation Assistant
- - Credit
- Knoxville, TN, USA
- Full Time
- Full Time Benefits
TITLE: Market Valuation Assistant
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Assist the bank's Market Valuation Officer in their role of directing the overall activities for real estate appraisals. Track and report on ordering and receipt of real estate appraisals and evaluations.
- Primary support to Market Valuation Officer and secondary support to Construction Inspection Coordinator.
- Independently determine whether a job request requires an appraisal or evaluation.
- Order non-complex third-party appraisals and evaluations using judgement to determine kind/level required and which appraiser(s) best fit the assignment.
- Coordinate appraisal and evaluation communication with internal clients.
- Complete non-complex evaluations for assignments not requiring an appraisal.
- Complete review of non-complex, third party residential and commercial appraisals. This entails independently assessing whether the work product meets required policy and regulatory guidelines and applying judgement to determine whether the appraiser supported the value assigned via use of appropriate data (cost estimates, comparable sales, etc.).
- Shared responsibility for ordering and reviewing Secondary Market appraisals including digital delivery to borrower and other related functions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING:
- Strong attention to detail, self-starter and the ability to learn quickly.
- Time management; ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Able to work well under pressure/deadlines.
- Ability to identify problems and review related information to evaluate options and implement solutions or escalate appropriately.
- Knowledge of computer technology including, but not limited to Word, Excel, E-Mail and internet navigation.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Bank in a positive way in dealing with customers and other employees.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of the bank's assessment area/real estate market and applicable policies and standards.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Lift 10-20lbs periodically
- Periodic travel
- High school diploma and 2 years of Market Valuation or other Real Estate experience required.
- Previous financial institution experience, preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree, preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media